Rep. Hill serves as a Co-Chairman of the Entrepreneurship Caucus.
The Entrepreneurship Caucus is a bipartisan caucus that aims to address the most pressing issues facing entrepreneurs throughout the country.
The caucus serves as a forum for policy discussions and collaboration to address the most pressing issues facing entrepreneurs throughout the country. Through the caucus, interested groups are able to share their ideas with policymakers who are committed to support our nation’s entrepreneurs. The caucus also serves as a place for policymakers to discuss and highlight their policies and initiatives that look to support entrepreneurs and strengthen the frameworks they need to succeed and drive economic growth across the United States.
One overarching concern is that startup rates have fallen to near 30-year lows and the numbers of new companies as a share of all U.S. businesses has dropped 44% since 1978. These elements threaten the fundamentals that lead to sustained economic growth.
Earlier this congress, the co-chairs, along with Rep. Tom Emmer re-introduced the Enhancing Entrepreneurship for the 21st Century Act, which directs the Secretary of Commerce to identify and study the underlying economic causes of the “startup slump,” a decline in the number of entrepreneurs starting new ventures.
The caucus aims to have one event per quarter, such as a roundtable or briefing.
Congressional Entrepreneurship Caucus Co-Chairs:
- Rep. Bill Foster (IL-11)
- Rep. David Schweikert (AZ-06)
- Rep. Stephanie Murphy (FL-07)
- Rep. Steve Chabot (OH-01)
- Rep. Marc A. Veasey (TX-33)
Congressional Entrepreneurship Caucus Members:
- Rep. Sharice Davids (KS-03)
- Rep. Warren Davidson (OH-08)
- Rep. Dean Phillips (MN-03)
- Rep. Ralph Norman (SC-05)
- Rep. Mike Gallagher (WI-08)
- Rep. Lisa McClain (MI-10)
- Rep. Jackie Walorski (IN-02)
- Rep. Roger Williams (TX-25)
- Rep. Steve Womack (AR-03)
- Rep. Claudia Tenney (NY-22)
- Rep. Chrissy Houlahan (PA-06)
- Rep. Dwight Evans (PA-03)
- Rep. Carolyn Bordeaux (GA-07)
- Rep. Jim Hagedorn (MN-01)
- Rep. Patrick McHenry (NC-10)
- Rep. Vern Buchanan (FL-16)
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (TX-18)